To develop a centre for imparting the quality technical education to meet the challenges of industries and to make them ethically strong Engineers to build our nation.
· To develop competent Civil Engineer of high caliber technical skills, professional and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
· To promote innovative and original thinking to face the global challenges in the Industries.
· To take on the challenges of creating and sustaining the built environment that underpins our society.
· To create highly skilled Civil Engineering graduates capable of working in industry or an entrepreneur.
SHORT TERM GOALS
· To develop the laboratory facilities for teaching and research.
· Creating systematic backup of the departmental knowledge base such as development of individual course files of theory and practical, Learning resources/Lab Manuals, procuring relevant IS codes and practice manuals required for Civil Engineers and setting up of Departmental library for ease and accessibility.
· Motivate students to appear for Civil Services, Forest Services, Engineering Services at National Level.
LONG TERM GOALS
· Constant endeavour to maintain the various laboratories with the state-of –the art equipment.
· To establish linkages with academic and research institutes for academic/research programs for student/faculty of the department.
· To develop active linkages with industry in order to derive mutual academic and research benefits to students of the department.
· Strengthen qualitative research and consultancy activities.